In today’s post, my goal is to give you a good overview of the different pricing plans ClickFunnels has and how they compare to each other. In the end, you should be able to make an educated decision on which ClickFunnels pricing plan has the features you need to accomplish your goals and at the best price for you. This said I won’t discuss the different tools and products in a lot of detail here. You can find my overall review of ClickFunnels here, and I also included links to reviews of the different products below.
What is ClickFunnels?
I often get asked, “What is a Click Funnel?”.
Well, there is nothing like a “Click Funnel”. ClickFunnels is the name of a software suite and a “Sales Funnel” is what you build with that software. Sales Funnels guide your customer or lead through your sales process, kinda-like a salesperson would do in a brick-and-mortar store. With the difference, that your sales funnel can help basically unlimited people at the same time, 24/7, and around the world – no matter where your visitors come from. And it doesn’t get sick, wants a vacation or a raise.
On the surface, ClickFunnels is drag-and-drop editor and builder for sales funnel and landing pages. But it’s easy to underestimate the power of this software because it’s so easy to use.
Who is ClickFunnels for?
ClickFunnels is for everyone, who is doing or planning to do business. It’s not a tool to create personal websites, even though you could also use it for that. This said ClickFunnels is a software that is widely used by Entrepreneurs, (Small) Businesses, as well as Solopreneurs.
ClickFunnels is a right for you, if …
- You market or sell your products and services on the internet
- You want to capture and pre-qualify leads for your business
- You run paid ads and want to improve your conversion rate
- You are currently managing and paying for various marketing tools, such as funnel builder, website builder, hosting, email marketing software, split-testing software etc and want to bring them together in one suite that is easy to manage
- You want to set up an automated system that guides your customers through the sales process and follows up with them automatically
- You are serious about growing your business and understand that time is money and that using various independent software together increases complexity, which also costs money and time
Just five years ago, building websites, landing pages, and sales funnels was a time consuming and expensive project: you had to hire web designers and programmers, spend countless hours in meetings or on phone calls to discuss the website. In the end, you easily spend 3 months and 5 figures to create your first version of the sales funnel. And that doesn’t include later improvement based on market feedback.
Today, you can build your landing pages and sales funnels yourself: ClickFunnels comes loaded with hundreds of ready-made templates, that you can just take and easily adjust to your needs. The editor is incredibly easy to use and within 30 minutes you will be a proficient funnel builder. ClickFunnels also provides excellent training to help you understand the strategy and psychology behind sales funnels, and what to pay attention to when building them.
This said, if you still don’t want to do it yourself, there are thousands of freelancers that are using ClickFunnels on a daily basis and will build your sales funnels for you at a fraction of the cost a traditional web-developer would cost you.
Free ClickFunnels Trial
While this is technically not a pricing plan, ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial, that you can use to explore its powerful features and decide whether it fits your needs.
You can sign-up to the free 14-day trial here or using the link below. While you have to enter your credit card information, you won’t be charged anything and can cancel anytime from within the software. And if 14 days are not enough (we all know how life can get in the way), just send them an email to firstname.lastname@example.org a few (working-)days before your trial ends: in my experience, they are very open about extending your trial for another 14 days. That allows you to test ClickFunnels for 28 days without any risks. If you are not sure which plan to take in the trial, I would recommend going for the $297 plan. You can easily downgrade to the $97 plan at any time during your trial.
Once your trial comes to an end you can then choose which of the following plans is the best for you.
$97 Plan (“Start-up”) vs $297 Plan (“Etison Suite”)
So with the free trial out of the way, let’s talk about Clickfunnels normal plans, that are most widely used: the “Start-Up” plan for $97 per month and the Etison Suite for $297 per month. As the name suggests, the “Start-Up” plan is meant to be the entry-level plan, if you are just looking for the features to build great sales funnels. The “Etison Suite” is the unlimited, full suite without that comes with all the extra Actionetics and Backpack automation and feature. See the pricing table below, which ClickFunnels pricing plan is right for you?
|$97 Plan (Start-Up)||$297 Plan (Etison Suite)|
|# of Funnels||20||Unlimited|
|# of Pages||100||Unlimited|
|# Of Visitors||20,000 per month||Unlimited|
|# of Contacts||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|A/B Split Testing||Yes||Yes|
|Own Custom Domains||3||Unlimited|
|Email Integration||Yes (3rd Party/SMTP)||Yes (Actionetics/3rd Party/SMTP)|
|Billing Integrations||1 per Type||3 per Type|
|Learn More||Learn More|
|Get It Now!||Get It Now!|
The table gives you an overview of the main differences between the two plans. The $97 plan has a limited number of funnels and pages, that you can have active at the same time. Also, it doesn’t come with Actionetics and Backpack.
Actionetics is an advanced marketing automation platform, that allows you to follow up with your contacts automatically by email, SMS or even physical mail. While this platform is really powerful and could be easily sold as a separate software, most users won’t need it right away. If you already have a 3rd party email-autoresponder such as ActiveCampaign or ConvertKit, then you can pass on ActiveCampaign in the beginning. You can always upgrade later.
Backpack is a platform to manage your affiliates. If you are planning to use affiliates to promote your product or service and drive sales for you, then Backpack is a great extension for you. It allows you to easily manage your affiliates and commissions from within ClickFunnels. If you are not planning to use affiliate marketing yet, then you can also start with the $97 plan.
In my opinion, the $297 plan is suitable for businesses, that are already generating profits and are ready to open the floodgates and scale up their income to the next level.
If you are a small business and still growing, or an entrepreneur starting out, I would recommend going with the $97 plan. This plan comes with everything you need to build high-converting sales funnels. And once you reach 20 funnels or want to tap into the powerful automation capabilities of Actionetics, you are most likely very profitable already anyways, so that the “Etison Suite” plan shouldn’t be a big deal.
But what if you are just starting out and are on a budget? Don’t worry, I have you covered. Below, I will introduce more options to you. Just keep reading!
ClickFunnels Discount Plans
Now, ClickFunnels offers advanced payment plans for the Etison suite, if you are willing to pay up-front. These plans either provide discounts compared to the monthly plans or come with a lot of helpful bonuses. This said, you don’t have to get them right away: you can just start on any monthly plan, and once you are ready to grow and scale your business, you can use one of the following plans to save money and get great training courses. Below you find a price comparison table that breaks down all the differences for you.
|Funnel Hacks 6 month||Funnel Builder Secrets 6 month||Funnel Builder Secrets 12 month|
|$997 ($163/month)||$1997 ($333/month)||2997 ($250/month)|
|Etison Suite Included||6 months||6 months||12 months|
|Funnel Hacks Masterclass||✔||✔||✔|
|Instant Traffic Hacks||✔|
|Funnel Builder Secrets Course||✔||✔|
|1-hour One-on-One Coaching||✔||✔|
|Funnel Scripts$497 / Year||✔||✔|
|Learn More||Learn More||Learn More|
|Get It Now||Get It Now||Get It Now|
The “Funnel Hacks” Plan for $997 is an awesome deal if you are looking to get the Etison Suite. You basically get the benefits of the $297 plan at a 45% discount, so almost half-price. The leap from the $97 per month price is much smaller and really worth it for what you get.
Funnel Hacks comes with the following bonuses
- 6 months Etison Suite: If you would just get this without the training courses, this would reduce your subscription fee to $163 per month. Just this alone is an incredible deal!
- Funnel Hacks Masterclass: This course teaches you how to build sales funnels, opt-in funnels, product launch funnels, webinar funnels, and membership funnel.
- Instant Traffic Hacks: This training covers how to drive traffic from various sources into your funnels. This includes highly effective channels such as social media, affiliate marketing, SEO and much more.
- Inception Secrets: Struggling with writing sales copy? This training tells you how to write sales copy that converts. Hiring professional copywriters can get very expensive very quickly. This course probably won’t make you a top-notch copywriter overnight, but you will surely learn the most important aspects of it.
- Email Sequence:
Even without the bonuses, this is hands-down the best deal if you are just looking to get the Etison Suite ($297 Plan) for the best price.
Quick update as of Nov. 2018: this offer is not officially available anymore, so I don’t know how long my link will still work. If you have been on the fence, I wouldn’t push the decision out too long.
Funnel Builder Secrets
Now, let’s have a look at the “Funnel Builder Secrets” plans. Like the “Funnel Hacks” plan, these are long-term plans. The special thing about them is that they also include a very advanced and in-depth training – basically the holy grail of funnel training. This 100+ hours training will teach you traffic and funnel strategies, copywriting, funnel building and much more. It’s basically a huge discount package if you are looking to get to the next level and make real money from your funnels. Furthermore, you get a year of Funnel Scripts, which will make writing copy a breeze. And on the 12-month plan, you get all that training and still save 16% compared to the $297 monthly plan.
This said I would say that these offers are not for everyone. If you are looking to immerse yourself in funnel building and internet marketing, then go for the 12 months plan. This is a great deal and you will get a great training from the best teacher out there, Russell Brunson himself. But if you are not looking to take a deep-dive into funnel building and marketing or just don’t have the budget, I would recommend going with the “Funnel Hacks” package instead.
Here’s what you get with the Funnel Builder Secrets package:
- Unlimited ClickFunnels Etison Suite Account (for 6 or 12 months)
- One-on-One Coaching Call with ClickFunnels ClickStart Coach, who will help you get your sales funnel running. (There is also a plan that includes 8 coaching calls, if you want to have an expert help you fine-tune your funnels. It’s $5997 and you can find it here)
- The six-week Funnel Hacks Masterclass, which is the same as in the Funnel Hacks Package
- The Funnel Builder Secrets course: This is the core part of the offer – a comprehensive course that teaches you everything about building profitable funnels, writing converting copy, driving targeted traffic and more. No matter whether you are a beginner or advanced user, this course will offer some great knowledge.
- Lifetime access to Traffic Secrets: This is an in-depth training course that teaches you everything about driving and converting traffic, traffic channels, creating content, and much more. Originally created by John Reese, Russell Brunson had bought the rights the course in order to include it into this package for free.
- 12 months’ Access To Funnel Scripts: Funnel Scripts is a software that automates copywriting for you. You just tell it different aspects of your product, market, and audience, and the software will generate high-quality copy for you.
These are the powerhouse packages ClickFunnels offers. And I would say that they are one of the reasons why ClickFunnels is so successful: it’s not only about the software suite, but also the training that makes so many people so incredibly successful using ClickFunnels.
Knowledge + Tool + Action = Success!
The Discount Plans
In this final section of the ClickFunnels pricing guide, we are going to look at the cheaper ClickFunnels pricing plans. As I stated in the beginning, ClickFunnels is a software for businesses and entrepreneurs, and that’s how the market and position themselves. While I would recommend anyone who can afford it to go for the $97 or $297 per month plan, the Shared Funnel plan can be a good option to get started without hitting your wallet too hard. With read to the Personal and Bootstrap plan, please read my findings below.
|$19 Plan (Shared Funnel)||$37 Plan (Personal)||$67 Plan (Bootstrap)|
|# of Funnels||3 (only shared with you)||5||10|
|# of Pages||Limited (only those shared with you)||20||50|
|# Of Visitors||5,000 (?)||5,000||10,000|
|# of Contacts||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Learn More||Read Below||Read Below|
The Shared-Funnel $19 Plan
The Share Funnel plan is a limited plan that is only available if you are sign-up to ClickFunnels through a funnel that has been shared with you (Read the “How-To Guide” here).
This plan can be useful if you are on a very low budget and have a few specific funnels that you want to use for your business. It can be a good entry point to test the waters with ClickFunnels, but not a good choice if you are serious about growing your business.
$37 Plan (“Personal Plan”) and $67 Plan (“Bootstrap Plan”)
When I was doing my research for this ClickFunnels pricing guide, I came across several pages that claimed that there were “secret” pricing plans for $37 and $67 per months. According to those websites, these plans are not directly available when signing-up with ClickFunnels, but only after you signed up. They were stripped-down versions of the $97 plan in terms of the number of funnels, pages, and visitors, but besides that, they have the same functionality and features as the $97 per month plan. To access them, you just had to sign-up and then cancel your account and you would get your “special price offer”.
The $37 plan should allow for up to 5 funnels with up to 20 pages total and 5000 visitors per month. The $67 per month plan on the other hand supposedly allowed you to create up to 10 funnels with 50 page total and 10,000 monthly visitors.
As a long-term ClickFunnels user, I didn’t want to accidentally cancel or downgrade my account. So I went forward and signed-up for a new account to check whether there really are these special price plans. After signing up, I moved on to cancel the account again, in order to get access to these special plans. But the only option I was offered was the $9 plan to pause my subscription (see below). So while I would have loved to tell you that these plans exist, this doesn’t seem to be the case. Maybe they were offered in the past, but not anymore.
I decided to include this section anyways because I figure that there are many people looking for these plans and then get disappointed after signing up. After reading this, you know better.
The $9 Plan (“Paused account”)
While this is not a real plan, I want to mention it for completeness of the ClickFunnels pricing review, and that you are aware of this option.
ClickFunnels offer the option to pause or park your account, which means you cannot use your funnels, but all funnels and pages stay available in your account, and won’t be deleted. So ClickFunnels keeps all your data saved until you return. And once you come back from your break from ClickFunnels, you can re-activate your account and start where you left off. This is a very convenient feature. The price for this plan is $9.
>> How to Pause Your ClickFunnels account ($9 per month plan)
Select the plan that fits your needs
After this detailed discussion of ClickFunnels pricing structure, which plan is the right one for you comes down to your goals, requirements, and budget. ClickFunnels is a software to help entrepreneurs, solopreneurs, small and big businesses market, sell, and deliver their products and services online!
So, in my opinion, you have to become clear about the following:
- What is your goal? What do you want to use ClickFunnels for? Sell products or services? Generate leads? How many products or leads? Do you want to automate as much as possible or be more hands-on (this comes mostly down to time)? Do you plan to scale quickly or grow slowly?
- What are your requirements? This goes hand in hand with your goals… How many visitors are you going to bring into your funnel? If you already have a customer base this may be much more than when starting out. Do you want to address your customers from different angles, i.e. use different funnels? How much time can you spend to do things manually or across different software?
- What is your budget? Here you have to be honest with yourself because we all want to save money. I get that. But quality has its price. And strictly financially speaking, a ClickFunnels subscription – like any other software – its just cost of doing business. But it comes with a great community and marketing training. If you are really bootstrapping, then go for the lower price options. But if the subscription is well in your budget you should go for one of the main plans depending on your needs – the $97 “Start-Up Plan” or the $292 “Etison Suite Plan”. My recommendation is always to go for the “Funnel Hacks” package – that is just the most bang for the buck.
There you have it – the entire ClickFunnels pricing plan laid out in front of you. This should help you make an educated decision to take the right plan. Now it’s onto you to decide which one is the best for you.
If you are still not sure if ClickFunnels is right for you, head over to my ClickFunnels review to get all the missing pieces.
And if you have any questions, feel free to comment below and I will do by best to help you out!